Frances Fredriksen is a specialist wills & estates lawyer. After over ten years of practice with a leading private client practice, in a large firm, Frances founded Fredriksen Legal. Her goal is to provide specialist legal advice in the areas of wills, estates and elder law, in a manner that respects the individuality of each client and is delivered in a price conscious fashion.
She is one of only 43 accredited succession law specialists in Queensland, achieving that accreditation in 2011.
She is identified in the Doyle’s Guide (2017) as a national ‘rising star’ in the area of estate litigation, a recommended Queensland estate litigation lawyer and a leading Queensland wills, estates and succession planning lawyer.
She is a regular volunteer and popular speaker for the Queensland Law Society.
Her recent contributions in this regard include:
- 2017, Succession and Elder Law Residential, Queensland Law Society, Enduring Powers of attorney, Do you need to state the terms?
- 2016, Succession and Elder Law Residential, Queensland Law Society, Righting the wrongs of errant attorneys, compensation under the Powers of Attorney Act 1998 and Guardianship and Administration Act 2001.
- 2016, QLS Symposium 2016, Queensland Law Society, Expert Panel, Probate Disputes: What are the options?
- 2015, Succession and Elder Law Residential, Queensland Law Society, Elder Financial Abuse: When the Chicks Fly the Coop with the Hen’s Nest Egg.
- 2014, Succession and Elder Law Residential, Queensland Law Society, Adequate and Proper Provision in Large Estates.
Frances is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and an Associate member of The Tax Institute.